Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Zebra Print in Decor: Why I LOVE Tracy Porter's Eye for Design

My inspiration for this post is a picture shot of our cat, Sammy, (aka Tiny) lounging on my faux zebra print rug in our family room. I love how the stripes of his coat mimic the stripes on the pattern of the rug. I the spirit of developing a theme, I went on a quest for ideas of how to incorporate the black and white traditional zebra print into everyday decor.



No one does the eclectic mix better than designer Tracy Porter.  She is my "go to" designer for inspiration. I know I can count on her to never let me down. She once again delivers some beautiful ideas of ways to use zebra print in her decor. I love how she masters the use of the zebra rug as a backdrop for her sofa, artfully places the zebra print ottoman in front of her black as-night lacquered fireplace mantel, and how she simply has fun in trying new ways to incorporate layers into her living spaces.


Zebra always looks classic and subdued when presented in a monochromatic theme of simple black and white elements. 


The Zebra rug draped over the sofa adds wonderful layers to the living room. Many patterns and colors are at play here, but Tracy makes them work.

photo: tracyporter.com

Zebra looks stunning when paired up with Chinese red. There is something so perfect and exotic about the pairing of that particular pattern and color. 



photo: tracyporter.com





Look for ways to add unexpected layers to your decor. Funky patterns give your space personality. It's what makes you unique and delivers that special authenticity. Your decorated space is a reflection of who you are and who you want to be. Remember, you don't have to spend a lot of money to make it look like you spent a lot of money.

Always check out Ebay for great steals and deals....






No comments: