Monday, March 16, 2009

Use pieces in unexpected ways...


Take a look around your space and see if there is anything you can remake. Is there something that could be repainted and used in a different way? The cabinet in this picture was purchased years ago at an unfinished furniture store. It has gone through several "stainings" and paint changes, but it is perfect for me now. It resides in my master bathroom where there was a huge gaping space underneath the window. I love the combination of red and black, but at first, the black base was too much "dark". I added the light pink checkerboard pattern over the black to soften it a little bit. I then added my signature "longjohn red" over the top and distressed the edges of the top. I took of the old knobs and added inexpensive Anthropologie knobs and to me this $90 buy is invaluable...It's a piece of who I am!

1 comment:

Jennifer Sanderson said...

Please follow me on Twitter! moonyjenny- ;)