Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Creating a workspace that inspires you




I have learned that is very important to carve out an area of your home where you are happy to work. A home office, no matter how small should be a place where you can work that is a part of who you are. If you have no designated space in you home for your office, get creative and find any area that is somewhat quiet, where you can close a door or that is off the path from the main area of the house.


In my case, I was able to find a small area in my bedroom that I use as my office. Feng shui experts warn against keeping an office in your bedroom, but I think that if you use it as place of inspiration and keep it clutter free, that it will work to your benefit. I love my home office! I use colors that inspire me everyday and I have made it my own.

The purple lampshade (Target find) and red chair offset each other in a vibrant way. The desk is a find from a second hand shop- the mirror is a must, because it opens up the space and when you are facing a wall it's crucial to feel like you are not closed in. Get creative with the options that you have for an inspiring home office! It makes doing mundane chores, such as paying bills much more bearable!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

loved this one!

Jennifer Sanderson said...

Thanks Aine! Glad to see that you are reading my blog! Become a follower :)