Monday, February 9, 2009

Design Tip of the Week


I have a feeling I'm going to regret calling this tip of the week, but I will try to keep it up on a weekly basis.....Anyway, friends of mine have been complaining all winter about having to replace their kid's hats and gloves on a regular basis and I started to wonder why ours haven't gotten lost so often. Then I realized it's because of the simple solution that I came up with to design our entryway, which in our case is usually the entrance between the kitchen and the garage. Everybody's home is set up slightly different, but there is usually some place to set up an organized entryway, weather you have a small hallway or large foyer.

The most essential piece of furniture you will need is a table or bench. I found the table in the picture at a yard sale. It cost under $70. I added two large white wicker baskets to collect hats, mittens and scarves. The boots get tucked underneath. We use the top of the table for mail, keys and other small odds and ends. A plate or basket is a good idea to use a catch all for small items that usually get scattered around the table and look messy or get lost otherwise.

We also added some hooks above the table for jackets...this is why I believe that we haven't lost any winter paraphernalia this year!

No comments: